Thread: Accessing private posts?

Default Accessing private posts?

Hi,

I'm not a spambot, and I'm reluctant to post just to get to the 5 post limit. Any chance that I can get access to the messages so I can view some of the maps?

Thanks,

Mike

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Accessing private posts?

If you're able to post you should be able to see everything that you need to, what are you having trouble with?

Posted from my Android Cyanogenmod Phone with Tapatalk 2.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Hi,

I've been looking in the DnD forum at maps for the CarrionCrown adventure path.

When I try to click on these posts, I get an error thst says...
    Netigy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Here are some of the posts that I'm trying to view.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/me...+crossing.html

http://www.cartographersguild.com/me...ion+crown.html

http://www.cartographersguild.com/me...-crossing.html

Thanks for your help!

Mike

And what is really strange is that I can't view these at all, I get a similar message to Netigy, and I'm the creator/owner of the maps/gallery! :-o

Just find something you can contribute to and you'll soon be able to access them

Quote Originally Posted by theafkei View Post
    Just find something you can contribute to and you'll soon be able to access them
    Really? I have to contribute something before I can view my *own* galleries?

Quote Originally Posted by trenloe View Post
    Really? I have to contribute something before I can view my *own* galleries?
    The issue I had was that a while back this site implemented a rule that you need to be a "Guild Member" (automatic progression after 5 posts) before creating albums.

I had created albums prior to this being set up, so I ended up in a bit of a limbo as I haven't created 5 posts.

I've been moved up to Guild Member so I can see my own albums now. :-)

Also, this should mean that others can see the albums now too!

Quote Originally Posted by Netigy View Post
    Hi,

I've been looking in the DnD forum at maps for the CarrionCrown adventure path.

When I try to click on these posts, I get an error thst says...
    Netigy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Here are some of the posts that I'm trying to view.

trenloe's Album: Ustalav - Clover's Crossing

trenloe's Album: Pathfinder - Carrion Crown

Picture 3 of 3 from Ustalav - Clover's Crossing

Thanks for your help!

Mike
    Since I've been a member, I've come across a number of albums/maps that I couldn't view either. I always just assumed they'd been set to private (or something like that) by the uploader. I don't really know how the albums work here.

When I read this thread a couple weeks ago, I couldn't view anything at these links, but today I can. How strange...

EDIT: Ooops, nevermind. I just read the entire thread. Heh.
    Last edited by Neyjour; 07-17-2013 at 12:41 AM.

I have had the same issue while trying to look at certain galleries. If I understand it correctly you have to make 5 posts before everything is open to you or is there something else I need to do. Appreciate any help.