Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I posted anything here, my last map was destroyed by a pen claiming to be waterproof but wasn't, and I lost a bit of motivation there. But looking back I don't think it was a very good map anyway, so now I've experimented with a little different style.

I primarily wanted to test a coast line type I had in mind, but I ended up throwing all kinds of elements in there. I'm toying with a map idea, and I guess I crammed everything I plan to include on it into this test piece.

Here it is:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stiltest.jpeg 
Views:	1004 
Size:	408.6 KB 
ID:	53782

Ink pen and watercolors, on a cropped A4 (actual image is more like A5).

The coast lines, which where the main thing when I began, didn't turn out so great; I intended to have a really smooth transition from the pale blue to black. I'll have to work on that.

Anyway, what do you think? Trying to decide wether to draw the forests as well, or if that would become to abstract on a continent sized map. The bit in the south with the rivers is supposed to be jungle, if that comes across I guess trees would be superfluous, but I'm not sure if it does. I'm also thinking about skipping the colors altogether and just go for an aged paper look on everything, and then trees would probably be necessary.

I'd love to get some opinions