Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April/May Lite Entry - Troglodyte's Lair

Anomie, you pools of water look like turquoise rock outcrops to me. This is because you have a 'rough water'/'rocky cave floor' type of texture. I think if you had a smoother texture (you can smoothen your existing texture by reducing the contrast) with less saturated colour it would look more realistic. That said, it is a really nice colour and effect, and you might prefer to keep them exactly as they are, especially if you are not aiming for a photorealistic finish.

Looking better and better!!

Here's another lame attempt to draw a trap - think it came out better than my stair trap...but we'll see if I can clean them up and incorporate it before the deadline next week.

Again - the idea with both is that PCs disperse the Troglodyte "Musk" whose scent alerts them that enemies are about. The Chest trap will be situated with other cargo in the map and is used to alert the Trogs when smugglers besmirch their otherwise impeccable reputation for integrity by trying to steal loot...if you can't trust a smuggler who can you trust?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chest Trap.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	717.4 KB 
ID:	54344 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step Trap4.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	3.90 MB 
ID:	54345

@Jack - Absolutely right about the water texture - i've played with it a bit but saving my next wip for when I make a little more progress.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Clever! .

Little updates. I think i'm through with the dungeon dressing (unless anyone's got some cool ideas for stuff to add). So, now just trying to put things together. This is the original export from CC3

Name:	Troglodyte Lair - v4_no effects.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	54414

and this is it with my first quick attempt at adding shadows (to indicate relative floor height) and contrast in photoshop. Obviously need to take my time with it, but I suppose it gives you an idea of the plan.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Troglodyte Lair - v4.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	54415

And, here's some minor updates to my traps...Still have no idea how i'm going to incorporate this, but then again, I will need to add a map key anyways, so maybe i'll just expand one of the sides of the map...anyone have a suggestion on which side to expand?

Name:	Chest Trap.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	54416 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step Trap.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	1,013.9 KB 
ID:	54417

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

My vote is to expand the right side. I'm not exactly sure why... I really like that you've done your traps in side view, these would make a great little vignette somewhere on the map. Nice work!

Could use a little rubble or dirt scattered here and there, but that's maybe just me.

cheers
    Meshon

I was also feelin a right side expansion. Tinkered around with this quite a bit tonight. Decided to just go with a stroked outline of my traps (cause really they looked like Sh*t before - this at least hides it a bit better). Pretty happy with how the whole thing turned out - Would have liked to have depicted the elevations of the different levels a little better...but...something to shoot for next time.

Welcome any last minute suggestions before this thing wraps up.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Troglodyte Lair - v5.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	54454

*Also - this is the same thing w/o added photoshop darkness on the lower floors...wondering if anyone has a preference

Name:	Troglodyte Lair - v5_no shadow.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	54455
    Last edited by anomiecoalition; 05-11-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Nice work. I prefer the slightly darker top version to look at or to use with a VTT. But if I was going to print it out I would go with the lighter one as everything prints darker than it looks on a monitor. Both are better than the previous very dark version. The pools look much better in these also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12