Thread: Critique My MS World Map?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Critique My MS World Map?

So... this is a world map that I'm working on for a fantasy setting I'm trying to make. Nowhere near finished in terms of continent & island placing/making, and I want to throw a couple of continents in, if only to avoid the obvious Warcraft/WOW look it has right now. But I'm not sure how to do an Antarctica/Arctic look to the top and and the bottom, and whether or not adding more continents will actually mean much when I don't have much in the way of ideas for them. Plus, there's aquatic and subterranean civilizations I'm not sure how to depict. And I eventually want to redo it in a real-world style like I've seen on many maps, and imprint it on a globe.

Thoughts? Critiques? Advice?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

I can't really offer any good advice I'm afraid, as I don't work digitally a lot, but I really like your landmasses there More continents I think would make it a little crowded, it's very nicely balanced right now, so I'd only add more if the setting requires it. Perhaps just tweak the locations of the two main continents a little if you think it's to similar to the WoW world?