Hello, everyone! I'm in the process of making a map for a story I'm writing, and I find myself in a bit of a pickle regarding the geography and climate. The main nation the story follows is an isolated kingdom trapped within a cage of impassable mountain ranges. The mountains are ridiculously huge - Olympus Mons would be on the smaller end of average - and they're stalked by big gribbly monsters with no compunctions about eating you. Here are my rather scruffy plans, or at least what I have so far. The final will be much nicer than this, I promise!

The grey areas are mountains, white is water, and yellow indicates man-made stuff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent Map First Pass.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	320.5 KB 
ID:	53833

Name:	Continent Map Man-Made Stuff.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	349.2 KB 
ID:	53834

Name:	Continent Map Notes.png 
Views:	305 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	53835
Here are my notes; I really hope you can read my handwriting. I won't be offended if you ask for translations.

Name:	Continent Map You Are Here.png 
Views:	315 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	53836
You Are Here - there are more continents than this, but they won't show up in the story so they don't matter.

Name:	Continent Map Plates.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	53837
The Cage is made up of a very small tectonic plate that's in the process of being crushed by two bigger ones.

What I'd like to know is, how would being completely mountain-locked affect the climate and weather both inside the 'cage' and outside? Any other comments or critique on what I've got so far would also be very welcome. Suggestions for what could be in that empty third of the continent are much appreciated too.