Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should be next in the Haiku of Horror series?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

You have 3 mayor Fields: Maps of Locations within a city, Maps of the Landside, Temples and Shrines.

I would go for one direction first. (You already have the bathhouse, so city would make sense). In this way you can also sell bundles later on with related themes.

I also plan to create whole town maps that feature sites from the Haiku of Horror series. I also need a map of my capital city (which I'm putting off at the moment, because I plan to create a city of at least 100,000 population) and that will be one big, time consuming map to create. (Having created Kasai, the capital of Minkai, for Paizo's Jade Regent adventure path with a population of 30,000 approx - I know the work that's involved for such a map.)

While I see your point of the 3 major areas - I still intend to cover all areas simultaneously, as many socalled rural locations can still fit in an urban location. Farms do surround cities, for example.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

The first review is out for Haiku of Horror: Autumn Moon Bath House by Roleplayers Chronicle and it's a 10/10 rated review!

As my first authored work, I've been dying for some feedback, as I develop the next release - this makes for a great start!

Edit: it looks I'll be doing a "Word in Edgewise" Email interview with Cape Rust from Roleplayer's Chronicle regarding Kaidan and the Haiku of Horror series, in a couple days!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-07-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Loving Haiku of Horrors. I adapted Kaidan to L5R because of it, making it first encountered by a Yobanjin-like group for the Anu, then the Mantis used Kura Island to hide enemies of the Gozoku, returning them before surviving ships from the Battle of the White Stag that didn't get swallowed in the Sea of Shadows for the Korobokuru. The Rokugani returned during the Great Famine when the Mantis and Tortoise worked together to help Rokugan start a colony that grew during the Eighth Century Crisis and abandoned by the Mainland pre-return of the Unicorn, just to have their return cause Rokugan to learn about the Oni Lords and the Emperor to declare travel there forbidden fearing the land to be tainted. Sojobo became a Ronin raised by the Tengu tribe of Kenku. History is slightly condenced from there, replacing Emperor/Empress with Governor and Shogun with Colonial Guard Rikugunshokan, etc. The Yokai became an alliance of the tribes of the Five Ancient Races, Naga until the Great Sleep, and Nezumi after the Great Sleep.

Honestly, i'd love to see you tackle the Capital, Fukuhara-kyo. Whether just doing a 30 Haunts For... with maps or a full adventure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12