Thread: Jantar - Yantas 2.0

Default Jantar - Yantas 2.0

So I've been thinking about Yantas again, but rather than go back to my original project, I'm thinking of starting over again.

At the moment I have two very basic maps for what I'm going to call Jantar:

and:

Now, while I haven't worked on tectonics, which means some of the continental shapes, islands, island placements, etc. might likely be subject to some amount of change in the future, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions regarding either "map", especially which one they prefer.

Right now I'm leaning towards the second map, but the tectonics of the first might be easier to work out.

The first would be easier to match to real-world geography when you're trying to puzzle out climate. But, yes, the second looks more "interesting," with that big spur of 'Antarctica' reaching across the equator.

Quote Originally Posted by acrsome View Post
    The first would be easier to match to real-world geography when you're trying to puzzle out climate. But, yes, the second looks more "interesting," with that big spur of 'Antarctica' reaching across the equator.
    Yeah, someone over on the CBB thought the second one was "better", and I've been leaning that way for a while now.

I think the next stage is to work out some basic tectonics. I've got a couple of ideas, but I think some of the larger islands in the north might be slightly difficult.