Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Award Winner] Meshon's Cobblestone Streets tutorial

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I played around with Inkscape a bit. I'm really clumsy with it, but I got directional cobblestone streets to work. Just some rough examples in the picture. My one attempt with an irregularly bending path did NOT work. I mean, it ended up a mess.

I imagine you could lay out your streets in Inkscape and then import them into Gimp to get the cobblestones "flowing". I don't think I'm up to trying the process with GIMP just yet though.

cheers,
    Meshon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 9.04.54 PM.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	72646  

Well this is looking great! (I hadn't seen this comment when I posted about your tutorial in the challenge thread). I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to look at it, but it looks like you figured it out on your own.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I updated the first entry of this because I separated the different files out. Now you don't have to download everything if you don't need it all. I've also managed to get the part of this that I did in Illustrator more or less working in InkScape, so I will hopefully update the tutorial .pdf with that information in the near future.

cheers,
    Meshon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123