Thread: Where to go from here?

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Help Where to go from here?

So I made my first non-hand drawn map last night, with help from a tutorial series on youtube, by Kindari. Overall I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. I'm fairly certain that my rivers are way too smooth and there's some geological stuff and/or weather related stuff that doesn't quite make sense, but I can deal with that later, this was pretty much a test run.

I'd like to share it but the uploader is saying my file is too big, I'll link to it for now. Imgur

I stopped at the marking country boundaries point, because I'm planning on mostly individual city-states.

So now I'm about to start marking out those individual cities and whatnot. How do I got about that? Where do you guys get all your symbols and fonts and stuff?
    Last edited by jobot37; 04-25-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Well, for city symbols it depends on what kind of symbol you want. For dots, squares and this sort of "common map symbol" I usually use the Wingding (they have those special characters instead of letters) fonts, which I downloaded from somewhere a long time ago, while following RobA's tutorial. Most of the fonts I use on my maps i get from dafont.com.

You can also find a lot of stuff on the Mapping Elements forum.

@Edit: apparently the wingding font comes with the windows, no need to download it, my mistake =/
    Last edited by Beoner; 04-25-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Awesome, thank you! I'm trying out a different tutorial at the moment, and some of the stuff going on in that elements forum looks super useful!