Thread: Fantasy Map for Fiction World, Paid and for non-commercial use.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Map Fantasy Map for Fiction World, Paid and for non-commercial use.

First let me introduce myself, my name is Ryan and I am a recently graduated English Major about to write my first book. This is a paid job, I will be upfront and let you know I am not looking for the most detailed map because I don't have the money for that yet. This would just be concept work that I can start the creative writing process with a series of locations I can reference. I will be looking for more detailed maps for the novel once I have some ideas for locations withing the three main landmasses. I will leave it up to the artist to put their own touch on the coastal, arctics, jungle, deserts... ect. I wish for it to be geographically correct based on our worlds size, but with 3 land masses, 1 to be about 2/3 the size of Europe, except imagine it rotated 90 Degrees clockwise and rounded out somewhat so its not jutting out north and south so much. Land Mass 1 should be located to the east on the map, covering 2/3 of the right side of the map (Horizontally and Diagonal) with a long coast line with a few bays and ports ect. The back of this land mass should end about a inch from the furthermost right of the map so the backside is visible with a ocean filling out the rest to its East. Landmass 2 is On the western side and I would like it more Northwest and a good distance across the ocean from Landmass 1, about the same size as Iceland but with only the northernmost tip (1/5 of the total size) actually arctic, and warmer climates the further south you go. The distance between Land 1 and 2 is roughly the distance between South America and Africa. You will have freedom to make this more to your style, that's why I am asking for help because this is not my thing. I only have the general ideas feel free to do with them what you please. In the middle of the ocean between them, I want a large Island (Think Australia) with some few smaller islands around it. Because I want this is be fair for the money, I don't mind if only the main island is made and I will plot the rest for later on. I am a writer and this is my first book that I am going all out on. Later on I would like to keep the same artist to do more detailed maps and designs and that would be for copyright use and royalties will be paid. If this sounds interesting let me know please I can pay through Paypal, I am not sure the going rates all too well for this amount of work but lets start at $20 and if anyone will do it cheaper let me know, if not I will increase til first person takes it. BTW: I am not a annoying person, or rude at all, I am a businessman and I believe you should let a artist work. I expect the person to do the job but not if its not fair to them or the money offered is too low for what I asked, if this is the case please understand its because i'm a newb to this and am not trying to low ball anyone, so let me know if that's the case and I will work something out with one of you amazing artists. You guys rock.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

As far as i understood you this map is a raw draft to devellop the World and its story right?

Guild Novice

Exactly. I need some mountains, deserts ect, pretty much for the first land I would like it more european and the second more North American and Canadian Features with some Alaska type thrown in. For the islands just a higher sea cliff o I can use it in the story for ships wrecking ect. these only need to be vague representations of the geography, only for reference points. None of this will be used for anything except for reference or given out to anyone without the original authors direct authorization.
    Last edited by Sx2Extreme; 04-27-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Hi Ryan! Do you have a preference about hand-painted or digital? I'd be up for it, but I only make hand-painted maps (and scan them of course, so you would get a digital file – it's just a drawing style question).

Guild Novice

I would love either, whatever you are think you can do better based on your artistic skills. So I am open to either or. Thank you for the reply.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Great! If you want something along the lines of the map I attach here, but maybe less detailed if we are talking $20, drop me an e-mail (private messages at the forum are disabled until you have 5 posts) at flygandegris--at--gmail.com (replace "--at--" with @) and we can talk more about size, projection etc. Or wait for Schwarzkreuz's offer if you want, he seems interested to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Världskarta 2 (engelsk).jpg 
Views:	1277 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	53958

Guild Novice

Default Emailed you

Thanks! I love the work.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Great! If you want something along the lines of the map I attach here, but maybe less detailed if we are talking $20, drop me an e-mail (private messages at the forum are disabled until you have 5 posts) at flygandegris--at--gmail.com (replace "--at--" with @) and we can talk more about size, projection etc. Or wait for Schwarzkreuz's offer if you want, he seems interested to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Världskarta 2 (engelsk).jpg 
Views:	1277 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	53958
    PERFECT Style, kudos. I will get ahold of you. Thank you