Thread: 'Ello

Default 'Ello

Yo. Heh, I suck at these kind of things. Never know what to say exactly. Kinda shy, you see (so expect me to do more lurking than posting, haha), but I figure it'd be good to at least say "hello".

So, um... Well, I've been RPing since before I can remember. D&D, console RPGs, play-by-post, etc. No matter the format, I love role-playing. Another thing I enjoy is world-building, whether it be an adjunction to RPing or just for its own sake. And, well, maps tend to come with world-building.
    Of course, maps are rather interesting themselves. It's fun to look at the shapes and layouts of the land masses, the topography and natural or man-made landmarks. Wondering what sorts of people/animals might live in this region or that. Gazing at the edges, wondering what's beyond.

So, here I am.

Besides these things, I'm also interested in history, anthropology, science in general, philosophy, computers/internet, reading, anime/manga, Western comics (mostly Marvel, but Batman is pretty kickass), and music.

And... That's it for now.
    Last edited by Hikki-Jin; 04-27-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Welcome to the Guild Hikki-Jin! Well you have found a community of like-minded individuals. Many of us, myself included, got our start here by doing maps for our own campaigns. Once you get a taste of map creation however it's hard to stop. If you haven't already seen it yet, check out the tutorials sub-forum which has all manner of useful walk-throughs which will help you get going.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the welcome, Arsheesh. I have indeed been perusing the tutorial section, and have been finding it quite informative.