Thread: WIP: Shop Interior

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip WIP: Shop Interior

So I've recently discovered using Blender for mapping, and I've started to work on some cyberpunk/modern maps.

My first real shot at a full building has been a storefront, sort of like the sort of thing one would see in a strip mall or similar small shopping center. I'm posting this here in a still mostly unfinished state-I hope to do several different builds after swapping out the furniture, carpets, and grounds to give essentially a row of buildings one could stack one on top of the other to make a whole shopping center quickly and easily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	store3.png 
Views:	356 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	53970

Obviously this isn't all finished-the furniture that I have is pretty much the first inkling of what I need (a couple doors and a toilet do not a working building make), and this render isn't fully finished, but I'd also like feedback on the base proportions of the structure and such; is it too wide? Too thin? Have I totally lost my sense of scale?

EDIT: I know that the corners and such on the walls and floorboards are weird, I've fixed those since this render.
    Last edited by Squire Ned; 04-27-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Forgot some stuff.