Thread: Hallo!

Guild Apprentice

Post Hallo!

Hi everyone,
    I'm a 34 years old mum, in a nostalgic creative moment I dug out my old RPG stuff and started to write something for my old forgotten worldbuilding project and stumbled here while looking for ideas for mapping it. You seem to be a bunch of nice people, something not so easy to find over the net, so if you don't mind I'll lurk around trying to steal you some trick, and maybe with time I'll manage to produce something worth sharing.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your time here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We ARE a friendly bunch. Plus we're just darn cool.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Welcome! Enjoy your creativity, and do share often! There are lots of really good people here who are happy to talk about mapping work as it progresses, so don't worry about having something good enough to share. Share it and it will become awesome!

cheers,
    Meshon

Welcome to the Guild krostatina! Sounds like a fun project. Hope you enjoy lurking and feel free to post up any work-in-progress maps since you will be bound to receive constructive feedback that will aid you in learning new techniques.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Apprentice

Hi again,
    It's been apparently 7 years since I joined but life got in between me and my cartographic endeavours, so I will reintroduce myself, I guess.
    I am now 41, no more a full time mum and back to my career, but still working on that worldbuilding project.
    Now, thanks to technology, we are actually roleplaying on our creation with our long distance friends and I, as self appointed group cartographer, am back to my maps and arguing about the lack of inputs with my husband/DM/creative director.
    Expect a lot of questions because I am not better than 7 years ago, but still curious about how you do it.
    P.s.: During all this time I decided that I don't have the patience to argue with a software anymore, and I'd rather use pen and paper.

Thank you in advance for the patience.
    Simo

Wow, you've been taking a long break from the forums, then Welcome back!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by krostatina View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a 34 years old mum, in a nostalgic creative moment I dug out my old RPG stuff and started to write something for my old forgotten worldbuilding project and stumbled here while looking for ideas for mapping it. You seem to be a bunch of nice people, something not so easy to find over the net, so if you don't mind I'll lurk around trying to steal you some trick, and maybe with time I'll manage to produce something worth sharing.
    Welcome to the Guild! This is definitely a great community with a lot of talented people. I’m glad you decided to join us

- Josh

Guild Apprentice

Well, this is surely a welcome back! I hope none of you mind too much if I steal ideas because I definitely spent some time over your works to try and understand your secrets