Thread: This MUST be the place for good advice

Default This MUST be the place for good advice

Lots of good cartography here.

I lurked for a while and saw some serious maps/art wouldn't be surprised to see some on Deviant Art!

The advice I spoke of in the title is this.... is there any avenue for getting commissions done?!?

I am an avid Photoshop user and found that trying to make beautiful maps for my gamer group
    is NO small undertaking and would appreciate someone who already owns some cartography soft wear
    to make them for us.

Suggestions for some photoshop layers with map icon might be helpful if no commissions are available.

Oh ya... me, old school gamer, bit of an artist, bit of a historical re-enactor, part Pirate, video gamer..... blah blah blah

Opps.... found it

Mapmaking Requests Archive

Never said I was the sharpest crayon in the box

No worries, glad you found it on your own and Welcome to the guild.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, if you are such an avid PS user, you should also look into trying some of our Tutorials. Plenty of great stuff there to whet the appetite for mapping your own. It really isn't as difficult as people think initially, esp. if you post a WIP (Work In Progress) as you work on the map.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks.... I am willing to try and I do love the PS. I actually have a WIP but its not turning out the way I had imagined.

Before asking more questions I think I should familiarize myself with the forum a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Harvest View Post
    Thanks.... I am willing to try and I do love the PS. I actually have a WIP but its not turning out the way I had imagined.
    I've never had a WIP that turned out quite the way that imagined them, especially the first few dozen. The best way I've seen to get better fast is to seek out feedback and not to take the feedback (negative or positive) personally. For the purposes of this forum, that means posting your WIP, even if it's not quite what you wanted. If you show people what you have and describe the sorts of things that you want, the odds are very good that you'll get feedback that points you to a tutorial or that describes a technique to get you the sort of results that you want.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Yeah, EXACLY what waldronate said. Ain't no better way.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guild Scot.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh