Thread: {WIP} Nova Carta Ardenis - New Version of the Arden Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Wip {WIP} Nova Carta Ardenis - New Version of the Arden Map

Lately I have been revisiting my stuff where I left of. So was the Idea to create a new Version of the Maps for Arden which stopped with my last absense. Well I am back and will try a new way for it.
    Inspired massively by Vorropohaiah's Stereographic Map of his World, I decided to also a Worldmap in 17. Century Mapstyle, incorporating sources from the Rumsay collection and a lot of inspiration from the maps of Diamond, -Max- and Vorro.

Also I intend to create a "Real" Atlas which share a common Design/Feel, so I can go getting the Bookbinders some Headache and Coins. Lets starts with the Basics. The original Arden map had an inside Maesurement of 9 Maps of 30 x 40 cm making it 90 x 120 cm, so I would like to repead that in a smaler scale of 1/4 of that original size making it 45 x 60 cm + 1 cm Free space at each side. Main font for Towns remains Roman Antiqua italic, fontsize 8. Main Fonts are from the IM Fell family.

Here are some Projectiontests, created with the great help of Vorro.
    Added also a Version with the Earth projected on it for comparing.

@ Eilathen: This is the definite Version of my Arden map in Making so you cant complain anymore that I show you to less
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arden_Earth2.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	54084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arden_Earth.png.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	54085