Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update of a theatre map

Ok I started a WIP thread in the 'Work In Progress: building/structure maps' forum here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/bu...e-project.html. I'm a bit concerned about the 300ppi if we want to have lots of different people contribute. 6000x6000 pixel maps can be quite big for some computers.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Hopefully breaking the work down into pieces will help alleviate the map size issues, but yeah, a single layer file that size in PS just breaks 100MB for me.
    Thanks for setting up the WIP thread Jacktannery!

cheers,
    Meshon

Meshon, no - because as I have explained to Anstett we will not be able to upload the jpgs of the six maps here. We will have to reduce the file size considerably to get them here, which means there will be a really nice version that no-one except me, you and anstett will ever see (because we will have to use mediafire/dropbox/postage) to collaborate. This rather ruins the point of the project. I think making each map something like 4000x4000 pixels (ie the globe-type theatre at 200ppi) would be much better. Anyway, that's just a suggestion.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Sorry for the image size confusion.

I was just copying from other mapping requests. I will trust the experts to know what sizes and DPI will look right and be easy for everyone to work with.

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Meshon, no - because as I have explained to Anstett we will not be able to upload the jpgs of the six maps here. We will have to reduce the file size considerably to get them here, which means there will be a really nice version that no-one except me, you and anstett will ever see (because we will have to use mediafire/dropbox/postage) to collaborate. This rather ruins the point of the project. I think making each map something like 4000x4000 pixels (ie the globe-type theatre at 200ppi) would be much better. Anyway, that's just a suggestion.
    Of course, I wasn't thinking. It sounds like a smaller map size is fine for the project, and if it is going to be used solely for a VTT then it can be quite small. Make the call, Jacktannery and I will follow happily along!

cheers,
    Meshon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12