View Poll Results: Please vote for the entries you want to win.

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** April Challenge VOTING - Using Dwarf Fortress ASCII Maps as a Source ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post *** April Challenge VOTING - Using Dwarf Fortress ASCII Maps as a Source ***

This month's challenge was to use Dwarf Fortress as an ASCII source for a map. We had quite a turnout this month, and the entries look great!

Look through the month's submissions:

Challenge Thumbnails

Be sure to look in the WIP threads to see the original ASCII source maps for comparison before deciding who you vote for.

You can vote for as many as you like. Be sure to rep all those entries you vote for and may the best map win!

The voting will last for 4 days and the winner will receive worldwide recognition, the showering praises of his/her peers, and a neat little thingy (golden compass).
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Adept

Good luck everybody.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

my votes went to diamond, matty406 (my overall fave - love the shape and 'different' look this has compared to the other entries) and SK. very good month with lots of nice varied entries. shame i lost the drive to finish mine...

Well this isn't easy. I'm still trying to decide. Great work everyone.

I voted for Diamond's. Attention to detail, clean, nice style, well labeled. Was going to vote for Schwarzkreuz as well, but the sausage-string borders kinda threw me off.

Really nice job everyone! You all get gold stars.

Edit: lol
    Last edited by Chashio; 05-02-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

My votes went to Diamond (very nice tones overall, some nice detailed map - Even I miss the creal celtic touch), SK ( nice drawline and lovely old touche with cartouche and heraldry - Though labels and borders would have need some work to make it better) and Javert (a very nice and clean map, pleasant to look at). Good jobs everyone!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

First Time I had the feeling, I realy finished a Challenge.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well, I had to vote for SK, if only because he finished a challenge. Nah, just kidding, SK, awesome looking map. And then Javert's just for the sheer amount of info crammed into it (I like detail); Larb's for the cool off-the-beaten-path choice; Sap's usual vibrant colors and painterly layout; and Matty's for those awesome mountains and cool design.

Guild Apprentice

Larb had my vote. He took the challenge in an unexpected direction, and did it very well. I'm just glad I finished! Thanks for the votes guys
    Last edited by Javert; 05-02-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Don't do yourself down, Javert, that was a super map. Diamond has the 'DJ Spek' effect on me. I just see his map, start salivating and vote for it. Vorri is a master of borders, really beautiful ones.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast