Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amelia's Grove WIP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130526-00343.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	717.4 KB 
ID:	54921

Okie doke. I feel like this is the last update I'll have before I post the full map. I just need to find a scanner big enough for it O.o Anyways, I wanted to show case the palace and its gardens. I used stippling on the gardens in front of, and flanking, the palace to create an 'art-garden' like in Versailles because why not? Besides the palace and gardens, you have the homes of the palace staff and sub-super rich; the richest of citizens just below the royalty live in the single houses you see just to the north of the palace. Also, sorry for the crappy cellphone pic :/

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

You're not going to add some colors on it?

I could try digitally. I'm afraid of ruining it.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, The beauty of doing the coloring digitally is that it does not damage the original art.

With the detail that you have put in this map, I don't think you should sell short your ability to color by hand either. I strongly suggest that you practice coloring for a bit on smaller test maps in order to get comfortable with your style. And THEN come back and try coloring a COPY of this map, just to see what it would look like. If you like that, then do it for real. One thing though, I have found out the hard way (many moons ago), that it is VERY EASY to over do the coloring and that WILL ruin a good map. which is why I said to practice first on a copy before hitting the real one...

I have no doubt that you will be able to pick it up if you have the patence for it (and by the details of this map I believe you do) and having that skill in your pocket will only improve your mapping. Manual or Digital.

Nicely done
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123