Thread: World map for a computer RPG set in ancient India

Map World map for a computer RPG set in ancient India

Hi everyone,
    I'm Arvind, and I make computer RPGs under the moniker of Pyrodactyl. I would like to commission a world map of an inland city for my upcoming game titled "Unrest".

Payment
    Preferably via Paypal, with a budget of 100 USD.

Description
    The map will be primarily focused on an inland city called Bhimra and it's neighboring regions, out of which the player will visit the following:
    Farms outside the city
    Walls and the main gate
    Slums
    Rich district (where the houses of the nobles and rich merchants are)
    Worker district (the place where most of the working class live)
    Marketplace
    Temple (a large temple that is a prominent landmark in the city)
    Castle (home of the royal family)

There are two other cities in the area, but they cannot be visited in the game and will just be represented by simple icons or outlines.
    I will also need a "fog of war" style texture, which will be used to obscure unexplored areas of the map inside the game.

Here are some concept sketches about the task:
    Concept art of the city
    The map layout (alternate blank version)
    How concept art matches the map

The areas in general will be represented with either a repeating texture of houses, or a color - only a few buildings need special icons:
    1. the mercenary guild
    2. castle
    3. temple

I also require general purpose icons for:
    1. shop
    2. hut
    3. normal house
    4. rich house
    5. quest symbols (like ?, X)

Style
    The map would be a simple color map, with a parchment background and solid color areas like green for forests, light green for grasslands, brown for arid regions. Slightly different colors or shading for the different districts will be a nice plus to have. The map will be similar in style to this image.

Quality & Size
    Ideally, I should be able to ship the map as a small sized poster (17" x 11") in collector's editions, and use a scaled down version of the same image in the digital version of the game. The image resolution will be 5100x3300 at 300 dpi.

Time Constraints
    Not strict, but would like the finished map within a month from the date of commission.

Copyright
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of their portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Contact
    You can contact me at my email address, arvind -at- pyrodactyl -dot- com, or use the contact form on my website.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by arvind; 05-04-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Updated with sketch of the area and some concept art.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Do you have a sketch of the area you want to get mapped?

Just updated the thread with the concept sketches.

Thanks for the great response. This request is now taken by - Max -