Thread: New Toy for Gamer Printshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Toy for Gamer Printshop

After many years relying on a B/W large format laser copier/printer to handle scanning and printing of B/W drawings up to 36" wide, the laser printer finally died - so I needed something to replace it with. I did look at laser printers, but considering the cost print inkjet has dropped significantly over the years (cheaper inks and media), it has become a viable solution. So I've replaced my unit with a Canon IPF760 wide format color inkjet printer with a ColorTraq 42" wide format color scanner (whoopie!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e_Canon_iPF_760MFP.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	54188

So now I can scan full color maps and duplicate like a copier, or print JPG, TIF, PDF and CC3 map files.

I've been dying to get me a large format color scanner for a while, but they've been priced out of my range most of the time. Prices have dropped. This should save me a ton of work. In the past when a client brought me a large format color print, I had to scan it in 11 x 17 portions on my 11 x 17 color scanner, requiring 9 scans for a 24" x 36" drawing/map, then stitched back together in Photoshop. Now I can scan up to 42" wide by 10 feet or more, up to 600 ppi resolution in 24 bit or 256 colors - awesome!

The monitor comes with a touch screen, so I don't need a keyboard for most operations.

Almost finished setting it up, just need to add the computer and cables and will be done! Sweet!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-03-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wow, that's awesome. How nice is it to have what you enjoy doing as your job. It just feeds itself. That's why they say, "Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life." That's what I'm shooting for these days
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt