Thread: New Toy for Gamer Printshop

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Toy for Gamer Printshop

After many years relying on a B/W large format laser copier/printer to handle scanning and printing of B/W drawings up to 36" wide, the laser printer finally died - so I needed something to replace it with. I did look at laser printers, but considering the cost print inkjet has dropped significantly over the years (cheaper inks and media), it has become a viable solution. So I've replaced my unit with a Canon IPF760 wide format color inkjet printer with a ColorTraq 42" wide format color scanner (whoopie!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e_Canon_iPF_760MFP.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	54188

So now I can scan full color maps and duplicate like a copier, or print JPG, TIF, PDF and CC3 map files.

I've been dying to get me a large format color scanner for a while, but they've been priced out of my range most of the time. Prices have dropped. This should save me a ton of work. In the past when a client brought me a large format color print, I had to scan it in 11 x 17 portions on my 11 x 17 color scanner, requiring 9 scans for a 24" x 36" drawing/map, then stitched back together in Photoshop. Now I can scan up to 42" wide by 10 feet or more, up to 600 ppi resolution in 24 bit or 256 colors - awesome!

The monitor comes with a touch screen, so I don't need a keyboard for most operations.

Almost finished setting it up, just need to add the computer and cables and will be done! Sweet!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-03-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations