Thread: Hi from Scott

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Hi from Scott

I might have an obsession with maps. I can spend hours on google maps and following rivers to their source. Or perusing old maps in antique market when I travel. Yeah, weird, I know.
    I am an English teacher by trade and have lived in many countries around the world. I currently live in Sauidi Arabia. Fondly known by the geekier members of the expat community as, Middle Kingdom. It was here that I was introduced to the wonders of D&D. The combination of this new past time and my unhealthy love of maps compelled me to to take up cartography in my free time as a means to combat my desire to purchase any and every rare map I see on my travels.

I don't have any particular skill in map making, but I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

I am quite interested hand-drawn map making and am currently working on maps in sepia - for some reason I am overly fond of that colour.

Hi Scott, I too have been enjoying the many different styles and the fact that there are so many ways to make/draw a map, though I myself prefer the Hand Drawn flavor of so many here...
    Keep looking, and have fun with us all!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Ryusamasan, thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the guild Scott! This is the place to be with your map obsession, this is the mappiest place on the web!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM