Thread: Maptool does Zoom Zoom Zoom!

Post Maptool does Zoom Zoom Zoom!

There used to be a slight zooming limitation with Maptool - that has changed.

(Note: these videos will be choppy when viewed the first time. Wait for them to fully download first and then watch them.)

http://rptools.net/dorpond/demos/Zoom2/Zoom2.html
    http://rptools.net/dorpond/demos/Zooming/Zooming.html

These are simply amazing and cool! I'm so glad that MT can do this now. The CGWP could benefit form this ability I would think. Thanks for posting those demos!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I'm a going to run, not walk, to check this out for myself. Looks super cool!

Any chance we could see the source files to figure out how this is done?

Sigurd

Software Dev/Rep

Note that there is still some quirkiness when working at the extremes that need to be ironed out. This build removes the zoom limits, following builds will make it more intuitive to work at the different zooms.

The source code is always available:

http://rptools.svn.sourceforge.net/v...tools/maptool/

There are also instructions for checking out the entire project and running the dev version in the forums.

Blog Entries

Just interpolated scaling and hardware assisted rendering to go and your caught up with ViewingDale !

Seriously tho - nice work.

(Aw c'mon you didn't expect me to stay schtum on this one !!!)

My first thought was - This is really cool.

My second thought was -- its still not ViewingDale.... .

But then I went back to 'really cool'.

Sigurd

Blog Entries

It is really cool - you guys are gonna have much more fun with big zooms. It opens up a whole new realm of go anywhere mapping. It stops you having to look for the 'right' map all the time. Its all in one big area - you just go in at the right place and there it is.

I'm pretty glad actually that MapTool is going this way as it probably means that ill get to see more multi scale maps being made now and people will make the maps at higher res so that they can go into them further.