I'm very happy to have posted two maps in a day. I did this one in about an hour with only a sharpie and a ruler.

While making this one, I didn't focus on perfection for a change. Instead, I made it into a fun experiment. I like the way I added thickness to the walls (it doesn't withdraw attention from anything or make the map as a whole look to heavy). The cliffs also looked good in my opinion.

I almost forgot to add in bedrooms, and (as I had filled up the paper) decided to run the sleeping quarters underneath the Library and the Dining Hall. It was effective, but I could have probably made it look better had I remembered earlier and intended it to be underground in the first place.

My map posted earlier today is a challenge map (please check it out --> http://www.cartographersguild.com/cu...nt-cavern.html) and included a pit of fire in one of the corners. I liked this fire pit and added one into the dining hall. I suppose that means there shouldn't be a bedroom below that corner. :P

In addition, the secret study is underground. Rather than dip into the Earth, the Earth raises up with a steep hill at that location. You'll notice there are lot of cliffs, ledges, and terrian altitude changes in the map - I wanted a rough, "weathered" look, and I hope I achieved just that.

Now to the fun part - the castle (and the village to the south that I plan to make later) is overrun with the undead!! Thus the Castle may be called Bleak. Needless to say, the garden is becoming a bit unkempt.

Alright, I've typed enough. I'm on the verge of making this map my challenge entry instead of my original. Let me know what you think about that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bleak Castle.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	54260

Thanks to all, feel free to comment, critizise, like, rep, or anything else. Your advice is what can make me better.