Are we allowed to post LOTR maps here?

Default LOTR Maps

Anyone post LOTR maps here?

Default Looking for LOTR Maps

Anyone creating LOTR maps?

Default Hobbit Maps?

Anyone have any maps of the Shire?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Hi there, welcome to the guild. Maybe you could avoid threads spam and ask all your LOTR related questions in only one thread? I guess some CL will deal with it. Thanks.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

As - Max - stated, spamming the forums are frowned upon here at the Guild, so consider this a word to the wise. I merged your other posts into this one because all of these questions could have been asked in the same post.

In answer to your questions, you can post any of YOUR maps here (meaning maps that you have done) regardless of what the maps are depicting because maps are what we do here. If you are posting maps from else where, it might be better to post a LINK to them instead. We have people creating all sorts of fanmaps so if that is what you are worried about, don't be.

As to whether we have we have any LOTR maps, I would have to say YES we do, but you will have to do a search for them.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Redrobes, one of the members here uses 3D terrain generating software with several others in a Middle Earth project, though these are truly 3D terrains and not maps per se.

Others create fan maps of existing published worlds, like Middle Earth, the World of Ice and Fire, etc. Most here create worlds that exist in our own imagination, or intended for publication, but don't previously exist - worlds for our games. While I too am a fan of many published fantasy and sci-fi worlds - I never create maps of existing worlds, most of those already have existing maps. I create maps for one shot games, or my own published settings, not based on anyone else's imagination, including J.R.R. Tolkien.

Also for your information, the forum sees a lot more exposure from Monday to Friday. If you post a question on Saturday, chances are a response may not show up until Monday - weekends, tend to be dead here. Many of us spend time with our families or run our fantasy games on the weekend, spending less time online.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations