Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skandinavia in 1368

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    That looks great! The different measurement units is a really nice touch! I actually didn't have any ideas for the area outside of the border, personally I think I'd have cropped it a little, but that's a boring suggestion… Honestly, it doesn't really matter if you do anything with it, the map is fantastic either way I kinda miss some dots or something for the cities though!
    Thank you!

Well, I have actually decided to make use of all the empty space, here's some testing I've been doing so far. And the reason you don't see any city dots is because I haven't made any yet. The Idea is to add one for capitals, one for big cities, one for small cities and one for forts/castles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scandinavianamestexture.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	54432

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Great job! The two little gothic titles on the top of shields aren't really legible though.

Wonderful map - good job thamupp.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Realy nice typography here, looks realy authentic

Thank you everyone.

Here's latest WIP, not any big changes: Made border opacity slightly lower (bit to much maybe), added norways shields (can't find any good shields for Denmark ), added some more text, experimented with some icons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scandinavianamestexture.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	54468Name:  icontest.png
Views: 145
Size:  11.3 KB(cityies)

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Gorgeous! Much better idea than my dull cropping!

For the Danish heraldry, have you tried Danish history books (with Danish in double meaning there; written by a Dane, on the topic of their history)? I assume you are doing most of your research in Swedish, and I guess it'd be easier to find stuff on Denmark in books published there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Gorgeous! Much better idea than my dull cropping!

For the Danish heraldry, have you tried Danish history books (with Danish in double meaning there; written by a Dane, on the topic of their history)? I assume you are doing most of your research in Swedish, and I guess it'd be easier to find stuff on Denmark in books published there.
    Well, I have tried googling in Danish, English and Swedish. My next stop: Crusader Kings 2.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I like your symbols but villages just seem to be croped and looked blury, maybe you should redraw it with the proper linesize. I would never resize symbols or you end up with different linesizes, which would spoil your beoutifull map.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    I like your symbols but villages just seem to be croped and looked blury, maybe you should redraw it with the proper linesize. I would never resize symbols or you end up with different linesizes, which would spoil your beoutifull map.
    Good point, but I think I'll just scrap villages all together. It's just too much work figuring out what places would be classified as towns / villages.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast