Thread: Help Needed?

Help Help Needed?

I apologize ahead of time if this is the wrong place to post something like this! Please let me know if I should have posted this somewhere else.

So, I'm doing a map for a MUX (Multi User Experience - a role playing text environment) that is based on a book series called Kushiel's Debut. It's not been requested of me, but I'd like to do something pretty, since I play there and truly enjoy it. So, the series itself has a map already:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldMap.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	55383

Though I'm not entirely sure this particular map is from the books themselves, but it's what's used, or a version of it.

Now comes to the part I need help on! I'd love to make mine more specialer (yes, specialer is a word in my world). So far I've made the outline:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KDMap.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	279.8 KB 
ID:	55382

What I would really love is some vine-like boarder around, where the lighter green border is? I can't seem to find a mix of vine-like and masculine, though hopefully that's not too vague.

If anyone has any ideas I would really, really love to hear them!

Thank you!! <3

This post reminded me of THIS.

Also, you could do pillars covered in vines. It'd still give a strong, masculine feel while having said vines.

Thank you so much, pentaclegram! That's a great idea.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hello Bunny, I've moved your thread to the right forum - the map making request forum is for wanting people to make maps for you. This forum is for wanting help and advice on how to make your own Good luck with the map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Maybe try angular vine designs that lack fine delicacy somehow. Perhaps take a look at cletic and norse designs.