Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction and past stuff

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I love the Cyberpunk Maps. Very evocative. It Warms this Canadian's heart to see how large Canada is, but saddens me to see how Large Alaska is
    I'm not sure if you know this, but Steampunk is the other kind of punk, with Victorians in top-hats and steam-robots

In the Steamopera-verse, the *American Revolution is butterflied away by the Point-of-Divergence around fifty years before it even began, resulting in *British Virginia and *Republican Canada (influenced by the Republican French bloc, thus French/English). Louisiana is *Emigre (Monarchist) French, Mexico is what it is, and California is a republic. In the later world-map, I reduced the size of Russian Alaska - now the border runs at some parallel... The whole map projection is shifted 40 degrees westward, so I just cut it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Naeddyr View Post
    I'm not sure if you know this, but Steampunk is the other kind of punk, with Victorians in top-hats and steam-robots

In the Steamopera-verse, the *American Revolution is butterflied away by the Point-of-Divergence around fifty years before it even began, resulting in *British Virginia and *Republican Canada (influenced by the Republican French bloc, thus French/English). Louisiana is *Emigre (Monarchist) French, Mexico is what it is, and California is a republic. In the later world-map, I reduced the size of Russian Alaska - now the border runs at some parallel... The whole map projection is shifted 40 degrees westward, so I just cut it there.
    Crap, Yeah.

Cyber Punk: Future Stuff Like Johnny Mneumonic/ Shadowrun, etc.

Steam Punk: Wild Wild West, or Captain Nemo (A lot Jules Verne works) and that sort of stuff. Sorry for saying Cyber when I meant Steam

Theres a cool picture of a 'Steam Punk' inspired computer over at Wikipedia:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...2/Steamtop.jpg
    Last edited by NeonKnight; 06-25-2008 at 04:15 AM.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I thought it was just a mistake, because the style is so different from what I imagine a cyberpunk map would be -- I'm thinking, green lines on black.. with scanlines! For that "80's Future" flavour, when they didn't even have colour monitors.
    Last edited by Naeddyr; 06-25-2008 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Gotta spin it backwards so that Superman can resurrect Lois Lane. Love the antique style but maybe fade out the color borders a bit. Like it all in all though and want to look at those tuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naeddyr View Post
    It's just travelling backwards in time.

heh.. yea... I was about to leave work for the day when I saw this and just could not think of anything more imaginative in less than 5 minutes....

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12