Thread: Egos - Izumo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Egos - Izumo

This is my map number 6, tried to improve some things that i learned in http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...s-fagacea.html using for practicing. Some maps inspired me to start it but it took a diferent way after some work:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...html#post79647
    vorropohaiah - KORACHANI EMPIRE C 4000 RM
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...ntasy-map.html
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...tml#post160258

Want to say tnx for everbody that helped me in this ans specialy for:
    Chashio, Lezales, - Max - , waldronate, Schwarzkreuz and Felwynn. Supporting and critiquing my map till it gets done.
    And for all the ppl that is following since http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...s-fagacea.html

The WIP is in http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...agacea-23.html where i still working in my maps.
    Thanks from aqua

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
    Always existed and always will exist, conflicts between the samurai clans and ninja families. For times, Shogun financed the military expeditions of the samurai and supported the agricultural maintenance of ninjas. However in certain era, samurai feel superior because imperial links and slowly began a conquest of the land ninjas.
    Without the Shogun's interference, ninjas gone be cornered because it lacked the military power compared with samurais. In the form of counter attack, the families ninjas blocked the agricultural supplies for the rest of the empire, which was very difficult times. Hunger and misery ravaged the land of Izumo, then the Shogun had to interfere in this conflict. Coming to close the war and establishing boundaries. This did not prevent small conflicts that still occur.
    In 250 BC, the imperial family had begun to lose its lineage, this time the Carp's Clan was best suited to succeed the throne. However the ninjas did not support this self dictatorship, because the Carp's Clan was one of the greatest ninjas inquisitors. This time that the things began to change. Kaede Hamada, leader of Eagle's Clan discovered one ore able to make their swords unbreakable. This changed the course of the war. With the support of the families ninjas quickly Hamada's popularity grew, but maybe not in the time required to exchange the Shogunate.
    With countless conflicts scattered Izumo, Sakuradite was quickly inserted into the everyday population, whether in war, whether in secular life. Source of energy and money, this ore was to take over the shogunate's hands from Hitoch Kaoshi, supreme leader of the Carp's Clan.
    A few months of the transfer of the Shogun's power, sellers silk from Nama Family found traces of Sakuradite in the Warlands. Hamada immediately reported to Hitama Kakochi , leader of Crane and arch enemy of the Carp. Hitama funded a millionaire expedition to the Warlands with the intention to discovering if the rummors about Kaoshi really distributing Sakuradite by other continents.
    On the day of the procedure between the Shoguns, Hamada and Hitama invaded the imperial city, taking the throne and overthrowing the Carp's Clan forever. Hamada supported by the ninja families raised the Eagle's Clan for cutting, becoming the fourth Shogun promoted the clan of Izumo in 303 BC. In 322 BC, Kiria Kaoshi become Shogun, descendant of the ancient imperial family and the Eagle's clan, this time already admitted with royal blood.
    During these 80 years on the throne changes, the conflict eased. Focused on the extraction of sakuradite, the 7 Ninja families and 5 Samurai clans were moved to set up their capital in large sources of this ore, and appointed by the emperor own extraction and in different areas of application for Sakuradite.
    Already at the end of your domain, Kaoshi determined the Sakura Law, that prohibited the marketing of Sakuradite with other continents. In 342 BC trying to eliminate the high rates of smuggling of the ore the Scorpion's Clan was appointed guardian of the law. Peacetime always been a thread of destruction, current Mamoto Mohio, ruler of the imperial city is sick and still in 416 BC still does not have a firstborn successor. This creates tension in families and clans because the Ascension of a samurai clan can be one of the next decisions of the emperor, less than Mamoto Kuiky eldest daughter to take the throne and assume the position of empress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Izu3.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	54477  
    Last edited by aquarits; 05-11-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Just fixed a small dedail in the upper right corner

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

thats nice. i like the simple background and the individual hand-drawn labels.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Pretty good job. Though i'm not a great fan of the overall asian ambience, the map is well organized ( ) clear and legible.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I agree to the former two speakers. Its a huge way from the first iteration of this map to this form. Also I am not a fan of those asian touches but I realy like your structure of elements on this map

Wow, this is really good. And i have to disagree with Max and SK here...i think the asian ambiance is what makes this map shine.
    Have some Rep.!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I also really like the asian elements and I'd probably borrow a few of the ideas from this map if I ever remade my Daimaru Islands campaign map.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Yay thank you everbody.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    And i have to disagree with Max and SK here...i think the asian ambiance is what makes this map shine.
    Have some Rep.!
    Guess they just said that aren fan of asian style