Thread: A Belated Hello

Post A Belated Hello

Hi!
    I have been visiting this site for a couple of years, sparingly and "lurkingly" (is that a word?). I have always been awed by the great works here that I have enjoyed perusing. While I have had an affinity with Hobbits and their love of all things "mappy" since reading The Hobbit in High School, I have never been serious about them. It has been a fun hobby.

I started my love of maps when I started playing D&D back in the late 70's, early 80's. I think I have a folder (real paper) around still that is filled with maps I made back in the day. I'd like to learn how to do this digitally.

The past few book series I have been reading have found my mind wondering. Worlds keep coming into my head and characters start to take form as I read. So I am here, wanting to learn

I know very basic Photoshop (I have 7.0) things and have messed around a little bit in there on an occasional lazy afternoon. I once even learned how to make a .gif, but have since forgotten

I am still a bit daunted by the detail and work I am looking forward to in learning, but what better way to learn than jumping right on in?

Again, Hello!
    - Al

PS: The 5 post thingie has given me a nudge to post, too

I too am new!

But I am finding that the resources and advice here are invaluable!

Welcome.... even if you are not technically NEW!

(post 4 more and your goal is met lol).
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

haha! Thanks.

2 down, 3 to go

Welcome to the Guild AlBQuirky! You can do quite a bit with photoshop and there are some fantastic tutorials here for it, so spend some time getting to know the tutorials section. If you have any questions about anything don't be shy about them. Glad you decided to delurk.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh