Thread: Hello there!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Default Hello there!

Hi, everyone! Like my bio says, I've been playing RPGs for almost 30 years. I've often made hand-drawn maps, but, now I'd like to make something a little more extravagant. I want to create and design my own campaign world for D&D. I've used or played in many fantasy worlds and it's time to create my own. I figure if I hang around here, I'll learn enough to be dangerous!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Well, you're here so that probably means you're already at least slightly dangerous! Don't be afraid to post up work in progress, the feedback you will get will help both your map and your mapping skills, and, though I haven't delved there yet, people even talk about the serious business of world-building.

Welcome!

cheers,
    Meshon

Welcome to the Guild Cheesesock! Well there is a lot of information in the tutorials section that will help you take the plunge into digital map making. If you already have Photoshop CS then you'll find that you can do quite a lot with it alone. If not, download GIMP, which, if not as powerful, is hard to beat at the incredibly low price of free. It's a great little program which is well supported in the tutorials here.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh