Thread: City Maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default City Maps

Hi everyone! I'm working on a campaign that takes place almost entirely in a large city. I want learn how to make a good looking map. Most of my campaigns have been across large worlds with the cities not interacting and geographic playing an ancillary role to the action going on. With this campaign I realize how significant various geographic features and relationships between the boroughs, markets, landmarks and neighborhoods are. Its such a huge component to the campaign, and I want to make a quality map to reference!

Welcome to the Guild Blue_hitchhiker! Well you are in the right place, though you have a challenge ahead of you since city maps are among the more labor intensive and time consuming maps. There are some good resources for city maps in the tutorials section though so you may want to run a search and spend some time getting to know the various techniques.

cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I have to agree that city maps are challenging, but I'll be interested to see what sorts of ideas you come up with. I also really like city maps! I'm very interested in your ideas about how the various parts of a city relate to each other, I will definitely be thinking about that the next time I start an urban cartography project.

cheers,
    Meshon