Thread: Siam (At the beginning of the Chakri Dynasty)

Map Siam (At the beginning of the Chakri Dynasty)

Well, this is my first post here,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siam.jpg 
Views:	4836 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	54473

Anyway, I'm unsure how this map will be received given that it is both historical and non-geographical (hopefully I can make something more to the tastes of this forum in the future). The map was made for and in the style of the game Civilization V. It's a map of the Siam before the western powers scarfed up a lot of land around it, leaving the uncolonised Thailand the shape it is today.

For those wondering, the year is in the Thai Buddhist Calendar, which is 543 years faster than the Gregorian calendar.

Made in Photoshop.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

You dont need to pull of something to the taste of the forum. At least I hope that we all have different taste and opinions, so dont worry.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yep, what SK said.

That is a beautiful piece of work; have some rep and welcome to the Guild!

Welcome! Oh, that's beautiful! I'm curious what the circular image overlays are from... some sort of old seal or other art or something you put together? It's very nice... Rep from me too.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Thank you for the rep and for the comments! I'm glad the style's ok because I have a bunch of other maps in the same style !

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Welcome! Oh, that's beautiful! I'm curious what the circular image overlays are from... some sort of old seal or other art or something you put together? It's very nice... Rep from me too.
    They're seals, the one in the ocean is the seal of the province of Suphan Buri, and the one in Siam is an old royal seal.

Brilliant! Very much to my taste :-). Rep both for a beautiful map, and for being willing to contribute right from the start. And in case you couldn't hear it loud and clear from others, yes we would love to see more of your work.

Excellent, great art! Welcome to the Guild!