Thread: Greetings From Pat!

Post Greetings From Pat!

Hello my name is Pat (obviously) and I am new here at the Cartographers' Guild. I just the other day and I have been so happy with the amount of support and information I have found here on the forums. There are many creative and artistic geniuses here! My ambition to make maps originated from my father and my friends' DnD campaigns. Currently, I am trying to make a mini-campaign for 4.0 and I have been having trouble making a map I am happy with. I am learning how to use PS and GIMP thanks to some of you here I am looking forward to meeting you all!

Welcome to the Guild Pat! Post up your work as soon as you can, and feel free to post up your works in progress as you build and we will be happy to help make suggestions if you like (and we probably will even if you don't want us to )

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Hidey ho neighbor. We're like the Tammany Hall of forums here...post early post often. Then the games turn out like Less Than Zero, live fast, party hard, die young, leave a beautiful corpse, and complain about DMs.

Pat,

Do you perchance play City Building Games like 1701 AD and SimCity? I think you may be the same Pat from those forums...I remember you being very kind and very positive. :-)

Hmm...this is my first post here too, though I have been reading for months.

Welcome Pat!

Yes, post often, as it is the only way to learn.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by JadeEliott View Post
    Pat,

Do you perchance play City Building Games like 1701 AD and SimCity? I think you may be the same Pat from those forums...I remember you being very kind and very positive. :-)

Hmm...this is my first post here too, though I have been reading for months.
    Well then Welcome to the Guild JadeEliott! Make sure post up some of your work here and let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hi and welcome to the guild
    //Anna

JadeEliott, nope I am a different Pat sorry. I would post my maps but I have to draw them on GIMP or Photoshop because I am without a scanner but, I will do so when they are done. BTW, if I have a question on a technique like making old paper and what not, where would I post?

This is as good a place as any, probably. Start here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=533

If you have any questions about or refinements of that particular tutorial, feel free to post them in that thread. That way, future readers can benefit from whatever you learn.

A tutorial request would be appropriate in the General Discussion or the Software Discussion forums.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name