Hi!
I have been visiting this site for a couple of years, sparingly and "lurkingly" (is that a word?). I have always been awed by the great works here that I have enjoyed perusing. While I have had an affinity with Hobbits and their love of all things "mappy" since reading The Hobbit in High School, I have never been serious about them. It has been a fun hobby.

I started my love of maps when I started playing D&D back in the late 70's, early 80's. I think I have a folder (real paper) around still that is filled with maps I made back in the day. I'd like to learn how to do this digitally.

The past few book series I have been reading have found my mind wondering. Worlds keep coming into my head and characters start to take form as I read. So I am here, wanting to learn

I know very basic Photoshop (I have 7.0) things and have messed around a little bit in there on an occasional lazy afternoon. I once even learned how to make a .gif, but have since forgotten

I am still a bit daunted by the detail and work I am looking forward to in learning, but what better way to learn than jumping right on in?

Again, Hello!
- Al

PS: The 5 post thingie has given me a nudge to post, too