Thread: The Isthmus of Angwarien

Map The Isthmus of Angwarien

It's been a while for me and mapping, but I just got CS6 and wanted to play.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angwarien.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	54643  
    Regards,

Jim

My Maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Pretty interesting though outlines (mountains/castlines/rivers) looks blurry and that kingthing's font is a bit too fancy to make a solid and legible one in my opinion. The palette is nice but the map looks a bit rushed overall
    Last edited by - Max -; 05-16-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I realy do like the form of the Landmass, and how its focusing on these structures, but I find the balance of contrast a bit off.

I like the color scheme and landmass, and the layout, but the larger font is difficult to read (where it covers the coast and mountains, plus the little 'trees' in some of the letters) and the heaviness of the grunge in the background is overpowering my senses... I'd try toning down the contrast on the background a bit and see if it has a softening effect. And maybe make the interior of the font opaque... paint it with a greyish brick-red or ? and every other box of the border as well.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Welcome back Bohunk! Hope now that you've wet your appetite you'll stick around and do a bit more mapping.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I agree with the above statements, I like the landmass and colors, but the first thing that caught my eye was the grungy sea's, which isn't the best, unless your civilizations live under water, of course (Don't get me wrong though, I love the way the sea looks). Besides that, I do in fact like the title, I think it fits well, the only problem I have with it is the obvious streak of grunge through the Decoration above it. I also like the placement of the names
    My suggestions would be to age the lines on everything, blend them in a bit more, make them less 'computer' like.
    Overall, I think it's a pretty good map.

Welcome back, Bohunk. I always liked your maps, and this one is no exception.
    But i agree that the font is not very legible.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars