Thread: Newbie here looking for some advice

Guild Applicant

Help Newbie here looking for some advice

Hi all

I was directed here by my brother who raves about this site, so I thought I'd check it out.

I am a fantasy gamer and I need a map for a campaign world I am setting up. I have a few requirements, and am looking for some advice.

- good quality map, mainly land-based with a mix of grasslands, forests and hills/mountains, with a mix of lakes and seas.
    - named towns.
    - free for me to use in my game.

I would look at an existing map or a commission if someone will work for free!

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

James

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I have always said that the best map for your campaign is the map that you create yourself. We have an amazing amount of tutorials as well as the people who are more than willing to share their knowledge, all of which will get you to creating that map much faster than you think. If, however, you REALLY doubt what I just said, you could look through the finished maps and once you find some you like you could always ask the artist if you could use it. FYI, you will need to have posted 5 times before you can message anyone on this site. Failing that, we do have a Mapping Request forum (down near the bottom of the main page) where you can post your request to commission someone to create the map. I strongly suggest that you read the sticky at the top of that forum if you want some proper replies though.

I wish you luck with your project, which ever way you decide to go, and Welcome to The Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Applicant

Thanks, will check out the link.