Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May/June 2013 Lite Challenge - Floating City of Khuramunz

Looking great, love the layout.

Thanks guys. @JT - Yeah, the planking seems a little large zoomed in, but any smaller makes it look real messy zoomed out. Plus, it actually turns out that at the proper scale each plank is only about 3ft wide (The "city" is only about 600 ft in diameter). But, i'll definitely have to try creating that weathered uneven planking effect later on when I can a chance to clean things up and focus on the real details.

So, now I have at least half the buildings done....after that, I'll try to figure out how to do the ships (still have no idea how i'm going to depict them) and i'll have to expand the canvas a bit to make room for them and a key.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Khuramunz_v2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	3.92 MB 
ID:	54938
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This really looks great and you know me the messier and more worn out the better.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Got a little more done....

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Khuramunz_v2.jpg 
Views:	6354 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	54941

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

I love the crowded feel of this. I can imagine walking those narrow streets with the sounds and smells of pirates and crooked shopkeeps ladies of the evening and drunken bums begging for coin. Fabulous job !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

It's really coming together nice AC!!

Thanks guys.

So - slight detour on the actual city map. I'm gonna need some ships to go around the city and although there are some great objects available for download on Dunjinni, I thought I would take a stab at making my own to plop down. So, here's a working draft (made in CC3). Never made a ship before (and I have no personal knowledge of ship stuff) so all comments and criticisms are welcomed. In particular, wondering if I'm on the right track with the sails...

Name:	Ship.JPG 
Views:	2127 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	55055

Nice work, I like it! I also have little boating experience, but I was told that one of the boats I made was wrong because the deck planks are supposed to run front to back not side to side. I do not know if that is true or if it really matters but just passing that on since you asked. I think you did a very nice job with the sails except that I doubt they would be transparent, unless they were made of spider silk. Most sail cloth or canvas is solid.

Blog Entries

I think it looks really good. I would agree with Bogie on the plank orientation but to be honest I don't think it's that big a deal. You could try a little shadow on your sails to give them some depth as well as upping the opacity. Obviously a ship at dock would furl sail so I think your on the right track

Finished Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Oh this is a great Idea!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast