NB: Vacancy has now been filled.
We’re looking for a 2-D artist to join our Philadelphia game studio.
The Shenandoah Studio creates board games for iPad, iPhone, and other touch-based devices. Our first game, Battle of the Bulge, has earned critical respect and financial success. We are a well-funded startup with short development cycles, no death marches, and a fun and creative studio setting. For this full-time, on-site position we are seeking an artist with board and/or computer game experience to join our creative team. This is your chance to shape the future of premium mobile games.
- Work with the art director on all aspects of game graphic design and art production
- Create UI prototypes in concert with the producer and game designer
- Help develop, enforce, and maintain technical and aesthetic guidelines for art
- Create art assets - map/board art, logos, interfaces, and all other visual assets required for the game and marketing
- 1 or more published games/projects, preferably with an historical flavor
- Highly proficient in digital 2D, especially graphic design and illustration
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of current processes and techniques
- Understanding of look development and interface design
- Interest in cartography and board game art
We'd love you to be a multi-talented, superhuman, creative genius … but we also want you to be real, so while we don't expect you'll know or can do everything, any of the following, in order of preference, will be a bonus.
- A love of history and board games
- Continued art education; evidence of private, software/pipeline-specific courses an advantage eg. FXPHD, Gnomon, etc.
- Previous experience with digital platforms such as iOS and Android
- Some experience with HTML/CSS
- Production experience with 3D for engines or in the support of 2D
- Previous experience with the Unity engine
Please send your résumé and link to your online portfolio to iPad.email@example.com