Thread: Map for free MMO

Default Map for free MMO

Hello there I have been working for 3 years on my own MMO (Java Applet client) it is supposed to be free for play. Since I work on my own as a programmer, designer, tester and whatever else .. I cannot spend several months to learn proper map designing. I am experienced user of Adobe Photoshop but not in this way so I have created map sketch that contains whole landscape, cities, towns, hills, woods etc .. but the problem is that it looks really silly. Whole game client I think looks pretty good (for one man project) so I need the wolrd map look a little better as well and thats where you come in

I can post you my .psd file with what I have and desperately please you for polishing my map into something that will fit my game client. I will pay for your work because otherwise I would have to spent too much time to do it on my own and that time I would rather spend on programming and further development of my MMO. Since I am common employee in IT I cannot afford to pay hundreds of EUR. If someone will be satisfied with 20 - 40 EUR then we can have a deal. Of course in long-term I expect to outsource other graphic content into my game so if you are interested, dont hesitate to contact me - stealman@seznam.cz.

Here is my map sketch in JPG (I have PSD as well for you)
    http://www.bohemia-web.cz/resources/mapa.jpg

If you wanna see how does client look like to make the map fit it, here is link to one screenshot
    http://www.bohemia-web.cz/resources/inventory.jpg

The game itself is not meant to be like WOW or something else it is more like a pen and paper games where you just manage your character and combat is in turn-based tiled system. Characters remains in world even if you are logged off and they may do something without you (gather resources, fight mobs or craft something).

Iam working on complete web pages where I will publish more info about project, but if you are interested, write me.

With many thanks Milan Szabó, Senior J2EE developer.

EMAIL: Stealman@seznam.cz

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Hi! I sent you an e-mail a few days ago, didn't get a reply so I was just wondering if you saw it. Could have gone to your spam folder if you have one, or maybe the images made it to heavy. If you've seen it and gave the job to someone else, then never mind

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

I think the matter is dead or taken. I had crossed several emails with him but my last one never was responded.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

A shame that a lot of map requesters never reply to e-mail people send Sounds like a bad habit here...

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Hm. Perhaps it should be added to the sticky request guideline thread? In most cases it's probably just a polite gesture to reply, but sometimes you might be forced to keep your schedule open because you're not getting an answer, and during those days you could potentially have taken another commission if you had just received a "no thanks" right away, causing a loss of work opportunities.

@AceStealman, if you're still reading this thread, the above wasn't directed to you in particular, just a general thought.