Thread: Lorhin

Guild Novice

Map Lorhin

Hello,

this is Lorhin, a small village built around an old Inn on a trade route between two larger cities.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LorhinCS.png 
Views:	605 
Size:	3.77 MB 
ID:	54815

I'm Melvin, I've been lurking a bit, before I decided to make an account, and now I've finally made something I want to share. It's heavily inspired by Larb, as I really like his style. (It's almost too similar to feel like my own, but monkey see, monkey copy?)

As for map making, drawing, and colouring I'm totally new. I've never done anything like it before in my life, but I've always been fascinated by water colouring. And I've been a GM/DM in pen and paper games for some years, I've always wanted to make maps. I've just never done it. So what better way to learn than share my work, and get feedback from other people who knows what they are doing!

I've used Photoshop and Illustrator.

Regards,
    Melvin

Update:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lorhin2.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	55126
    Last edited by Melvin; 06-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice small village Maybe a bit flat without that much textures but clear and nicely done

Very much like a Larb map, and the water color effect is quite lovely. Great job on your first map! I'm glad you decided to delurk, I hope that you will be sharing more of your work with us in the future.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice

Thank you. Really appreciate the comments!

Regards,
    Melvin

It's a really nice first map and the water colour effect makes it special. Well done!
    For the next maps I suggest to show more of the surroundings and to present a legend.

nice work. i like your style

Guild Novice

I felt finished with this map, but after reading the feedback I took a closer look, and it felt more like an illustration than a map. So I did some changes to it, and hopefully I'm not breaking the rules by adding my updated version. (I know this is not supposed to be a WIP thread, so no more changes!)

Regards,
    Melvin

The simplicity is nice