Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WIP Yphirion

Fantastic work on this, I love the layout. How you manage to produce such lovely work at such a dizzying speed is beyond me.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much guys, comments much appreciated!
    @Arsheesh : SK uses to call me Max-imum mapmaker
    @THW : glad to see you around Yea I get what you means but keeping the borders outside the rivers would means that rivers don't be part of the districts which don't make that much sense, don't you think?
    @Jtougas : It's not necessarly but I like detailed maps and labeling the streets will help giving that old vintage maps touch on it (and will probably gives me some headaches aswell!)

I like how this is coming Max! The regional map is a nice touch!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Fantastic work on this, I love the layout. How you manage to produce such lovely work at such a dizzying speed is beyond me.
    Agreed. Between work and family, it's hard to find the time. Or maybe I'm just bad at this, lol Looks great Max.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

i believe -Max- is a swedish cartogarpher design studio collective, composed of dozens of drones working under the guise of a mild-mannered cartographer. it has to be that...
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 05-28-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Thank you guys!

@ Vorro : though the drone X-21.b ( the labeling work one) is being lazy and having misfunctions lately. Have to check that.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

- Max -, I have to agree with THW .... How about if the Borough borders just end at the river, and you can still have the colored glow along the shore. Unless there is something like taxation rights at stake, having the borders past the center of the river really doesn't make sense for me. Just my 2 cents (cdn) worth of advice, and that really is the only thing I can pick on with this map. Great work as usual Max.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks Korash No taxation rights here ( at least not that important to explain the borders ) but kind of a dangerous poisoned random fog, its influence vary on places and hours. Alchemists try to forecast the daily evolutions of that fog by studying its alchemical origin to prevent population from danger. The districts are used by the Alchemists to define quarters forecasts. Not sure if I'm clear but's kind of hard to explain that in english :/ So Yes I guess borders can be modified following your both advices. I'll try to keep only the glow to see how it goes....But after labels, which are at some point a hell of a job

Alright, drone X-21.b finally worked again and finished streets labeling on the districts A, B and C. (I have to re-program drone X-21.a - the layout work one - to let more room for X-21.b next time ). Also I changed the borders, following THW and Korash advices, getting rid of the part overlapping the water (borders and glows).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yphyrion8.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	54951 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yphyrion8bis.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	54952

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now that I've seen the labeling I have changed my mind. It looks wonderful. Superb job !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast