Thread: Greetings!

Guild Applicant

Default Greetings!

Hiya all!

I'm an ex-physics student changing to engineering this fall who has plenty of spare time on his hands!

Why spent time on cartography?

Because I enjoy thinking stories, it's one of my favourite past times after eating and sleeping. The main issue with this is that cohesive story lines are rather difficult to accomplish.

Imagine yourself walking into an inn; What does the barkeep look like, what about the inn, the patrons? Where is the inn? What the hell was I thinking about!?

To solve this conundrum I set out to create a framework upon which I could base my pondering. I thought of towns, villages, and nations as well as councils, orders, and bunny rabbits.

But... where the **** are these places!? Why does the Markian rabbit taste different from the Narian rabbit? I need a map!

So I set out to create this map. I scoured the deepest reaches of "the GOOGLE" in my quest for tutorials, tips, and tricks until I chanced upon this magnacious (magnificent yet gracious) place.

In my need for guidance I registered, looking forward to my chances of pestering you with questions and ill-begotten designs. For much to learn have I.

Hal

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! The story behind the map (or perhaps in spite of it or because of it) are also my favorite aspects of cartography. And to answer your question about the differing tastes of the rabbits it's mainly because of the wild ingredients that grow in the two areas. Markaria grows a particular kind of wild mushroom that is infused with a slight magical property that infuses the meat of the rabbit and creates the illusion of a wonderful rich taste in what is normally a rather stringy and tough animal. I wish you well in your creations
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.