Thread: C&C setting Island & town

Guild Apprentice

Wip C&C setting Island & town

Hi all

I've just returning to RPG gaming and started in a group where each person has taken an island in an archipelago to developing it. Well this is the island I chose I've named it Kelios (because I like the way it sounded). So far I have done the island map and some shots and now started on the main town on the island. Its been a long time since I last tried mapping and having some fun with it. Using CS6 and Terragen 2. Was looking for some thoughts, tips suggestions on pushing the maps to another level.

Island with Hex scale (Island is about 50mile wide, and long blue area's at the bottom are reefs. I have got different hex sizes too but not shown here)
    The second island map shows zones of control. So far only done the 3 more to be attached. The grey bar is a navigation line that fits on the main map of the archipelago, to try and link the maps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Island_web.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	55676 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Island_zone.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	55678

Dragon tooth bay as you sail through it.(on a nice day) low tide shot of dragon bay and finally picture from west to east.

Name:	dragontoothpass.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	55677 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragonsteeth-lowtide.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	55679 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	west-to-east.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	55680

Town of Kelios at WIP stage

Name:	kelious-town-layout_old.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	55696 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kelious-town-layout.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	55697

At the present i'm dealing with the bear of empty space and what to put in it.
    Scale is also an issue im trying in my head to decide how many building i should have. and neither id nor ego is winning.

Look forward to hearing thoughts for a new cartographer. Hope there wasnt to many images.

Happy Designing

Edit

Added grass, market, marques, trees, numerous buildings. pond. holding pens fenced are. Looking better more filled out hope edit the first page is the what normally done.
    Last edited by Londonsmee; 06-26-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

looks good and very rep worthy first post.

At a quick glance the only problem I see with the views is that in the third, the mountains to the left are VERY blocky. Any way you can broaden the bases because the sides go straight up....
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Apprentice

haven't finished the shading of it. :-) was trying to help get an handle on what stage IM at. :-) but noted

Thanks for the points , not sure what it does yet :-)
    Last edited by Londonsmee; 06-26-2013 at 10:10 AM.