Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May-June Lite Entry, OldPort a Working Waterfront

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

and make it DIRTY !!!! This looks great Bogie a very busy port with all the right details (minus the dirt and usual detritus that collects around docks) I can hear the clanging of the ships bells and the grunting of the stevedores as they load all manner of legal (and sometimes not so) legal cargo on those ships. If you look close you can see the lurching sailor returning to sleep off the latest round of "shore leave" The lovely ladies of Penelope's Pleasure Palace are freshly dressed and looking for business and the ship captains are all playing dice at the Silver Sails. Thieves skulk and muggers mug. I see all of this in your map. Now I just need to be able to smell the rotten fish cheap perfume and searing steaks from the inns. Great Job !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

and make it DIRTY !!!! This looks great Bogie a very busy port with all the right details (minus the dirt and usual detritus that collects around docks) I can hear the clanging of the ships bells and the grunting of the stevedores as they load all manner of legal (and sometimes not so) legal cargo on those ships. If you look close you can see the lurching sailor returning to sleep off the latest round of "shore leave" The lovely ladies of Penelope's Pleasure Palace are freshly dressed and looking for business and the ship captains are all playing dice at the Silver Sails. Thieves skulk and muggers mug. I see all of this in your map. Now I just need to be able to smell the rotten fish cheap perfume and searing steaks from the inns. Great Job !!
    I second all that and I should Know !!! Argh !!
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the nice comments!

I added the water and dirtied it up a bit, changed a couple of the buildings and enlarged the marketplace.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldPort-WaterFront-1a_bg.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	55099

Blog Entries

Awesome Bogie Just Awesome !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I added a border, a label, and a compass. I tied all the boats to the docks and fixed some errors.
    I think I'm about done unless anyone sees something I missed.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldPort-WaterFront-1b_bg.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	55161

Guild Apprentice

It looks great, I like the level of detail that you put in. The objects underwater keep the map interesting. The only problem I see is that the gangplanks to the ships have a bright blue beneath them. Also it shows up in the gaps of the sail for the bottom ship. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Vinoex, the blue is a remnant of replacing the blue background with the waves. I had noticed it, but forgot to fix it. will work on it tonight.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice detailed one as always! Two comments though : the crab looks pretty big and I'm not really convinced by the white waves close to the docks :/

Blog Entries

Fantastic Bogie. I always love the way your maps come together and this really feels like a busy,dirty,smelly port. IMO the waves against the rocks are spot on.

Finished Maps

Awesome stuff man! Really love the border and all the cool details below the water surface. I would echo Max's comment about the white waves (Also - would there really be crashing waves that far into the harbor?)
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast