Thread: first map experiment

Guild Novice

Wip first map experiment

Dear cartographers
    after some time from my registration let me give a brief introduction of myself
    I live and work in Italy and started drawing maps of imaginary places since I was 9, more or less
    I'm not so good at using graphic software (my area of expertise is more on dumb structured data for business applications ...), but I find that Campaign Cartographer is a good way to start, specially with the annual add-ons
    I am attaching to this post a first tentative of map, using CC3 and the Modern Political Maps add-on. I would appreciate receiving your comments, both positive and negative
    bye
    GioBat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POLITQQ.PNG 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	54955  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I certaintly don't have anything negative to say as this map really looks good. Perhaps if you've a mind to add details you could label the highways and major features such as large train stations and airports.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    I certaintly don't have anything negative to say as this map really looks good. Perhaps if you've a mind to add details you could label the highways and major features such as large train stations and airports.
    Thanks for the comment; I am still working on the map and designing appropriate shields for highways
    GioBat

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Oh I like the simple style. Its letting so much space for informations and Icons. Are you mappen also more Islands or another Land? or is it only base on this locations?

I have been creating my own World since I was 8 too. Arden is now 20 years old

Guild Novice

Dear Schwarzkreuz
    thanks for your comment
    Let me express my congratulations for your awesome gallery! all of the maps are very cool and well done
    I wish I had your skills ..
    In the past I have been creating a number of fictional countries (mostly islands) but on paper, and the majority of them has been lost in the movings
    The map I posted is the first I am able to prepare electronically in a sort of decent way (yet again, my skills in computer graphics are definitely poor..); I plan to catch up as time permits
    GioBat