Thread: Tomb of Horrors redux

Wip Tomb of Horrors redux

So I just registered because I figured I'd share this. Normally I'm the one collecting the high-res maps from here and other places and putting them in my collection to share with other people, but this one is a little different. I greatly enjoy the Tomb, but in my futile effort to run it on Roll20, I found WotC's 3.5 map to not match the grid well, and one from this site not have the detail I like. So I spent a little bit of time and a lot of searching Dundjinni's database for props to bust this out in Photoshop. Nothing special, only took about a day, and there's a lot of tweaks here and there to make, but I think it's useable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tomb redux.jpg 
Views:	4468 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	54954

My current gripe is that I started too small, and there's not enough detail on the props. So I'll possibly scale it up a bit, but that's a project for another time.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good start !! Have some rep
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Oh to have had this when running the game ! :- )

Love it, Thank you Askren.

Welcome to the Guild, nice way to start!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I totally forgot I had this. I re-did my Tomb a little while back, for higher resolution and more detail in some areas. I'm the kind of person who likes putting everything the description of the room claims into the image, because I think it's more immersive for the player, and part of the enjoyment of playing digitally. Also slightly smaller filesize, but nearly double the resolution. I've been running my players through it on Roll20, and they've been having a lot of fun. Though, I suggest cutting the image into 3 pieces to use for programs like that.

Name:	LARGE TOMBlower.jpg 
Views:	2807 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	58085

The other I bashed out quickly was the Catacombs of Wrath from Pathfinder's Rise of the Runelords adventure path. Again, official maps too small, and nothing fan-made would suit my taste, so I made one. Basically an exact copy of the official, but at higher res. Not 100% finished, but useable I think. Also working on one for Thisletop, which will be a challenge in itself. I just finished doing the outer area/house today, and the trees took forever.

Name:	Catacombs.jpg 
Views:	1661 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	58086

Nice work. Some of the textures are still a bit pixelated, but it's not bad. I recognize a few of my objects in there, always fun to see them get used.

Askren, Please pass along any other Tomb of Horrors maps. One day, i hope my group gets experienced enough to take them through that on Roll20, and I'd love to use them, with permission.
    Really nice work! Thanks.