Thread: Requesting a map for a new world!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Requesting a map for a new world!

Greetings, cartographers!
    I am currently late in the design process for a custom campaign world, but I lack a world map.
    So, my official request:

Subject: I'm looking at a vaguely earth-sized planet with five to six continents of varying size (most were once one supercontinent, with minor deformations). The scale is mapmaker's choice for this first one, so whatever you are most comfortable with should be fine. I would love to answer any questions about details further. I'd also be happy to discuss payment for your hard work.

Style: Does not have to be photorealistic, but I prefer less cartoony. Typical fantasy world map or darker (old school nautical, maybe?) map style is fine.

Quality/Size: This will be primarily for in-game consultation and my own personal records (for later maps), so it does not have to be large, or incredible quality.

Time Constraints: By the end of the summer (3 months or so) - sooner, if possible.

Copyright: Definitely to be negotiated later, I think. My primary interest is not to publish the initial map, but I'd like to maintain copyright of the landmarks, continents, notable objects/areass, etc. If everything works out really well, I would need to commission more for publication, and would probably want to renegotiate copyright at that time.

Contact Details: As I am new to the boards, I am unable to receive PM's at this time. This should be remedied quickly, I hope Until then, feel free to ask any questions on this thread.

Thanks so much in advance!

-Doug

Do you have an e-mail address we can contact? We are interested! Please check us out at heavycatweb.net and e-mail us at cat@heavycatweb.net if you would like to work with us

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hi Doug, please look into my Portfolio:

Schwarzkreuz's Album: Showcase

If you like it, send me your Contact details.

Regards,
    Vandel