Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hello everyone. My name is William Carter and I am currently in the process of writing my first epic fantasy novel. Unfortunately I am not very skilled with Photoshop so for the time being I am relying on my hand drawn map to guide my writing. Any advice that any of you have for me would be accepted with great appreciation!

I look forward to learning as much as I can...

Sincerely,

William J Carter

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! The best advice I can give is to post your ongoing work in the relevant forum sections. You'll find plenty of people willing to give advice and feedback.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome to the Guild William J Carter! Well the first tip is that there are plenty of tutorials on both how to improve your hand-drawn technique, as well as how to create maps in Photoshop, over in the tutorials section. So spend some time getting to know that area and you might be surprised at how quickly you are able to pick up new techniques.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh