Thread: Greetings from Boo the Gentleman Caller

Guild Applicant

Default Greetings from Boo the Gentleman Caller

Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am an amateur cartographer, I guess. I found my way to this website in a very roundabout way (in which I was - surprise! - looking to commission the creation of a map). I've been been making very crude, very simple maps for years. I started making my own pen and paper RPGs when I was a kid (but believe it or not, to this day I have never played a real pen and paper RPG!), often inspired by a wide range of influences: Tolkein, Lewis, even old SNES-era RPGs. I once even made a Yoshi (of Super Mario Brothers fame) pen-and-paper!

Long story short, I've been lurking for a few days and finally caved, registered, and now I'm posting. The tutorials I've read are great and this really seems to be an impressive (and mature) online community. I'm glad to be a part!

I don't know how much I'll be posting. I love writing, and a current writing project is what has prompted me to start working on cartography a bit more than I have in the past. This current map is really kicking my butt, and with as little time as I have (I work in year-round education, 50 hours per week, and have young children), it's difficult to find time for all of my hobbies. Writing is my first passion and, in my journey to finally finish something I have started, is my primary focus.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to learning more from you all.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome to the Guild Boo the Gentleman Caller! Sounds like you've got your hands full, but I wish you all the best in your journey. Please let us know if you have any questions, and feel free to post up a WIP of your work once you've found time to do some.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh